BRAZILIAN SERIE A
PALMEIRAS VS FLAMENGO
MATCH STATS AND PREVIEW
- Palmeiras have seen their late title surge implode over the last week in which some of them broke into the club’s training ground and wrote threatening graffiti after the loss to Vitória.
- Flamengo returned to winning ways against Cruzeiro, given both Vasco and Botafog making the Libertadores spots up for grabs.
- The last 8 meetings between the sides have seen goals at both ends with with an average of 4.25 goals a game on show and over 2.5 goals in 6 out of 7meetings.
- Flamengo has scored an average of 4 goals a game in last 3 fixtures.
- Flamengo past 13 of 15 games have seen under 2.5 goals scored in the Brazilian Serie A.
- Palmeiras have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches in the Brazilian Serie A.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Palmeiras are unbeaten in the last 6 meetings between the two, winning half. The last 8 meetings between the two have seen goals at both ends, including a 2-2 draw earlier on in the campaign.
- Palmeiras have scored at least 2 goals in 6 of their last 7 matches against Flamengo in all competitions.
- Alberto Valentim could make some changes to his side here with Zé Roberto, Alejandro Guerra and Roger Guedes among those who may come in.Deyverson is also available after suspension.
- Centre back Yerry Mina and forward Miguel Borja both miss out due to being on international duty.
- Manager Reinaldo Rueda may name the same XI that beat Cruzeiro in midweek in which Felipe Vizeu did a good job filling in up front and should keep his spot.
- Vinícius Júnior may not break into the side despite scoring off the bench.
- Forward Paolo Guerrero is suspended whilst Rever, Ederson and Diego also miss out for various reasons.
- A late call may be made on centre back Juan. Left back Miguel Trauco is on international duty.
Both teams to score at 1.80 sportpesa odds.