- Both teams have scored in all of Mexico’s last 3 matches including all Confederations Cup games.
- Belgium have scored 19 goals in their last 4 internationals alone.
- Belgium’s last 13 internationals have produced 10 wins and 3 draws. Both teams have scored in 10 of their last 11 friendly matches.
- Belgium has not lost in its last 10 international matches scoring an average of 3.6 goals and having over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of them.
- Belgium in the last 10 matches has scored 24 goals and conceded 3 goals at home, average getting 4.80 goals per home game while Mexico has scored 14 goals and conceded 8 goals, average getting 1.40 goals per game.
- Mexico have registered the following final scores in there previous friendly matches : Mexico (2‑1) Paraguay, Mexico (1‑0) Ghana, Mexico (3‑1) Republic of Ireland, Mexico (1‑2) Croatia and Mexico (1‑0) Iceland. In their last match, for the WC Qualification CONCACAF, they got an away loss against Honduras by (3‑2). In the last 10 away matches Mexico has won 4, tied 3 and lost 3.
- Belgium has registered the following final scores in the previous friendlies: Belgium (2‑1) Czech Republic and Russia (3‑3) Belgium. They come to this match after a home win against Cyprus by (4‑0). Belgium has won 7, tied 1 and lost 2 of the last 10 home matches.
HEAD TO HEAD
- The sides have actually met 3 times at World Cups. The most recent came in 1998 when the teams played out a 2-2 draw in France, with both teams seeing a man sent off and former coach Marc Wilmots scoring twice for the Europeans.
- Toby Alderweireld, Yannick Carrasco and Christian Benteke are all out injured. Adnan Januzaj, who hasn’t featured since 2014 has earned a recall.
- Mexico are missing no key players. The likes of Javier Hernández, Carlos Vela and Oribe Peralta will offer the goal threat while Andrés Guardado will skipper the side.
Predicted starting lineups
Belgium: Courtois; Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Ciman; Chadli, Witsel, De Bruyne, Meunier; Hazard; Mertens, Lukaku
Mexico: Ochoa; Salcedo, Ayala, Moreno, Layun; Santos, herrera; Vela, Santos, Lozano; Chicharito
- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE AT 1.80 SPORTPESA ODDS