FRENCH LIGUE 1
LILLE VS ST ETIENNE
- Lille have seen under 2.5 goals in 8 of their last 9 matches against Saint-Etienne in all competitions.
- Lille have failed to win in the last five home games and all players having hit the back of the net in just two of their six home matches this season. The hosts have taken five points from a possible 18 at Stade Pierre-Mauroy so far this campaign.
- Saint Etienne have failed to score in their last 3 matches and they have scored just two goals in the last four away games in Ligue 1.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Lille are undefeated in their last 6 home matches against Saint-Etienne in all competitions.
- Lille have lost three of their last seven Ligue 1 games against St Etienne (W2 D2), as many as in their previous 26 (W13 D10).In 33 previous meetings, Lille have won 16, St Etienne have won seven and 10 have been drawn.
- Adama Soumaoro is available for selection here after a lengthy injury lay-off, but Marcelo Bielsa looks more likely to wait until Monday to play the defender.
- Fodé Ballo-Touré should come back into the side at left-back after coming off injured away to Metz.
- With Lille turning in a good display a fortnight ago, Bielsa should keep faith with the rest of his side, other than Rominigue Kouame who is injured, while Edgar Ié is suspended and both will not play for sure. Adama Soumaoro is not fully fit and he is doubtful for the match. All other players are fully fit and ready to play.
- Rémy Cabella is injured and he can’t play. Hernani and Léo Lacroix are suspended and they also will not play on Friday night. Assane Diousse, Romain Hamouma, Cheikh M’Bengue and Gabriel Silva are doubtful for the match. All other players are ready for the match.
UNDER 2.5 GOALS AT 1.60 SPORTPESA ODDS