SCOTLAND VS NETHERLANDS
- Netherlands have scored over 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 6 international matches. Meanwhile, Scotland has scored under 1.5 goals in their last 8 friendly matches.
- Netherlands have conceded just two goals in their last 10 meetings with Scotland, keeping eight clean sheets.
- Scotland are unbeaten in their last seven internationals (W4 D3), their best run since April 1997.The last defeat came in the hands of England back in November 2016( a 3 nil loss)
- Scotland is yet to record a home defeat since 2016.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Netherlands have won the last 3 meetings, scoring 10 goals to nil. The most recent clashes came as the Dutch took maximum points from their two meetings with Scotland during 2010 World Cup qualifying.
- Scotland have named an inexperienced squad with 8 uncapped players.
- Leigh Griffiths pulled out of the Scotland squad with a calf strain to leave interim manager Malky Mackay with inexperienced duo Ryan Christie and Jason Cummings as his only recognised strikers. West Brom winger Matt Philips has been tipped to carry out the role against the Netherlands.
- Darren Fletcher was forced to withdraw from the squad, which means Mackay will be without one of his most experienced players on Thursday.
- A lack of options at right-back may force Kieran Tierney to adapt, unless Mackay picks Callum Paterson.
- Wesley Sneijder and Steven Berghuis return to the Dutch squad having missed the most recent World Cup qualifiers. In-form PSV striker Jurgen Locadia is also included along with Vincent Janssen, currently on loan in Turkey.
- Jasper Cillessen is expected to start in goal .Bas Dost and Vincent Janssen are both injured for Holland, leaving them short of recognised strikers.
- With Kenny Tete injured, Daryl Janmaat and Joel Veltman will fight for a spot at right-back, while someone will have to fill in for the recently-retired Arjen Robben.
- NETHERLANDS WIN AT 2.13 SPORTPESA ODDS