BULGARIA VS SAUDI ARABIA
MATCH PREVIEW AND STATS
- Saudi Arabia has conceded an average of 1.5 goals per match in the last ten matches.
- In all official friendlies ,Saudi Arabia haven’t beaten European opposition since a win over Luxembourg in January 2008. Bulgaria have only failed to score in 1 of their last 7 matches.
- In the last 10 matches, Saudi Arabia has scored 22 goals and conceded 15 goals, average scoring an average of 2.20 goals per game.
- Saudi Arabia have beaten Japan 1-0 in their last Qualifiers outing and narrowly made the top two cut in Asian Qualifiers Group B top 2, with just the goals difference sending them ahead of the 3rd placed Australia. They went on and beat Latvia 2-0 in their last outing, proving great team spirits at this point.
- Bulgaria’s last 30 matches have seen them register 6 wins, 2 draws and 7 losses in away matches, with 37 goals scored and 26 conceded; against 10 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses at their stadium, with 29 goals scored and 11 conceded. In the last 9 away matches Saudi Arabia has won 4, tied 1 and lost 4. Their offense has scored consistently, as they have scored goals in 8 of the last 10 matches.
- In Saudi Arabia’s away matches there is a tendency for goals, since 9 of the last 9 matches have ended with Over 1,5 goals and 8 out of 9 have ended with Over 2,5 goals. In 15 matches, they have conceded the first goal 5 times but have turned the score around in 2.
HEAD TO HEAD
- This is the third time in history the two are going to take on each other.Saudi Arabia clinched a 1-0 win back in 1996, while the Bulgarians were more successful in a friendly played seven years ago (2-0).
- 3 players have withdrawn from the Bulgaria squad including midfielders Stanislav Manolev and Ivaylo Chochev. There are only 3 uncapped players in it with Ivan Minchev hoping to take advantage of those absentees and make his debut.
- Saudi Arabia will almost certainly rotate from their defeat to Portugal on Friday. They have a large 30 man squad for these fixtures so fringe players like Salman Al Moasher and Saeed Al Mowalad should get a chance.
Bulgaria to win at 2.23 sportpesa odds