BRAZILIAN SERIE A
GREMIO VS SAO PAULO
- Gremio have seen under 2.5 goals in 8 of their last 9 matches against Sao Paulo in all competitions.
- Gremio’s average of 1.42 goals a game this term makes them the second highest scorers in Serie A this term, whilst Sao Paulo’s average of 1.28 has them coming into the clash as the league’s fourth highest scorers.
- Both sides have scored in Gremio’s last two home games, whilst 7 of Sao Paulo’s last 9 on the road have ended with both nets having been hit.
- Sao Paulo have had little success on the road this term, losing 11 of their 17 outings, but having recently won at Atletico GO and drawn away at Vasco.
- Sao Paulo are undefeated in their last 5 matches (Brasileirão).
- Gremio’s next game is on Sunday, at Santos. Same day, Sao Paulo will be hosting Botafogo (both Brazil Serie A matches).
HEAD TO HEAD
- Two wins for Gremio, two for Sao Paulo, and one draw, in the last five games between these two in Porto Alegre. Two of those five matches went over 2.5 goals.
- Renato Gáucho is using this game to give his first-choice XI one last run-out before the Libertadores final.
- Lucas Barrios is back in attack after injury.
- The only lingering doubt is whether Fernandinho or Everton will get the nod on the left.
- Éder Militão is suspended after his red card against Vasco.
- Araruna is the man most likely to fill in at right-back.
- Christian Cueva is still away with the Peru squad and will only be back at the weekend.
- Denis, Bruno Vieira, Renan Ribeiro and Wellington Nem miss out through injury.
Both teams to score at 1.95 sportpesa odds