Arsenal vs West Brom
The match between Arsenal vs West Brom highligts-review
View all Premier League scores
As It Stood
Arsenal will be playing tonight without forward Danny Welbeck, who will be out a month out because of a groin injury, which he got playing against Doncaster in the leage cup.
Mesut Ozil is likely to be playing tonight after a knee injury, while Theo Walcott should have shaken off the knock he picked up in midweek against Doncaster.
West Brom’s Gareth Barry is set for record 633rd Premier League appearance.
Chris Brunt, Nacer Chadli and Oliver Burke will be assessed while Jake Livermore is back in the squad after being given an extended rest.
- Arsenal have won six successive home matches against West Brom in the Premier League, conceding just one goal.
- Albion’s only Premier League win away at Arsenal was 3-2 in September 2010.
- However, West Brom did beat the Gunners 3-1 at The Hawthorns when the clubs last met in March.
- Arsenal have a 100% record at home this season, winning both their Premier League matches at the Emirates and also a Europa League game and EFL Cup tie.
- However, the Gunners have lost two of their five Premier League games this season – only twice previously have they lost three of their opening six fixtures.
- Arsenal have won seven successive Premier League games at the Emirates Stadium, their best run there since a nine-match winning streak between December 2014 and April 2015.
- Alexandre Lacazette could become the first Arsenal player to score in his opening three league appearances at home since Brian Marwood in September 1988.
- Alexis Sanchez has started 99 Premier League matches. Gilberto Silva is the only South American to reach a century of Premier League starts for Arsenal.
West Bromwich Albion
- After winning their first two Premier League matches of the season, West Brom have failed to win any of the subsequent three (D2, L1).
- The Baggies have won only one of their 11 top-flight away matches in 2017 (D4, L6), a 1-0 victory at Burnley on 19 August.
- Gareth Barry could make his 633rd Premier League appearance, thereby setting a new record. He is currently level with Ryan Giggs on 632 appearances.
- This will be the 10th time that Tony Pulis has managed a team at the Emirates Stadium in the Premier League. He has lost the previous nine there with a combined score of 20-3.
- West Brom have had 10 Premier League 0-0 draws since Pulis took charge in 2015. Only Southampton (13) and Manchester United (12) have recorded more.
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: “West Brom have the culture of the Premier League, a manager who knows how the league works. They are very strong on set-pieces, solid defensively – it’s tough to score against them.”
West Brom head coach Tony Pulls on Gareth Barry making a Premier League record 633rd appearance: “Gareth is such a down-to-earth chap he just wants to get it over with and move on.”
West Brom’s Gareth Barry on setting a new record: “As crazy as it sounds after all these years, my focus will be on winning the game.
“When you make your debut as a young kid you’re never setting yourself a target like this. Even when you play 500 games you think you’re coming to the end of your career and you’re not expecting to play many more games.”
has a way to deal with everybody,” he said and by that, he meant Tony Pulis has a way to deal with everybody. Wenger vs Pulis is the ultimate clash of styles and how Wenger has suffered in away matches against his rival. The Emirates story is different. Wenger’s record there against Pulis teams reads: played 10, won 10
Subs from Ospina, Macey, Iliev, Debuchy, Holdinarsenal-vs-west-…highligts-reviewg, Mertesacker, Maitland-Niles, Elneny, Wilshere, Walcott, Iwobi, Nelson, Giroud, Akpom
Doubtful Debuchy (hamstring), Özil (knee)
Injured Chambers (hip), Coquelin (hamstring), Welbeck (groin, all Oct), Cazorla (achilles, unknown)
Discipline Y7 R0
Leading scorer Welbeck 3
West Bromwich Albion
Subs from Myhill, McManaman, Yacob, Chadli, Burke, Nyom, Field, McAuley, McClean, Livermore, Rodriguez, Robson-Kanu
Doubtful Brunt (calf), Burke (hamstring), Chadli (thigh)
Discipline Y7 R1
Leading scorers Hegazi, Morrison, Robson-Kanu, Rodriguez 1
Alexis Sanchez and Co in good spirits as Arsenal are put through their paces before trying to maintain perfect home record against West Brom on Monday